Monday 31 March 2014

Harvest Monday


This week I harvested my first pumpkin! The vine on this one had died off. I think the variety is Jarrahdale, but second opinions are very welcome because I don't actually know as I think I just got the seeds from a bought pumpkin. This pumpkin was quite mild in taste and very smooth in texture. It wasn't great roasted because it didn't hold its shape very well, but it made a nice soup.






Here I have tomatoes, baby cos lettuce, kale, silverbeet, carrots, eggplant, green beans, mint and coriander.

Thanks for reading! Head over to Daphne's Dandelions to see more harvests.
Jess

1 comment:

  1. Pretty harvests. The kale looks so nice. I was out looking at my overwintered kale today. It is looking pretty ratty. Hopefully it will perk up once the ground thaws.

    ReplyDelete