Monday 7 April 2014


Harvest Monday


The Summer veggies are finishing up so this week in the garden I have been harvesting them, clearing out dead plants (mostly tomatoes) and planting out brassica seedlings.


Pumpkins! I think the large variety here is Jarrahdale but I'm not sure about the smaller one. Any ideas? 


Another pumpkin, the last few eggplants, tomatoes, beans, amaranth leaves, basil, coriander, the first of the spinach (hiding in there somewhere!), baby cos lettuce, rocket, marigolds and calendula

Cucumbers, tomatoes, purple and green amaranth leaves, a single bean (don't know why I bothered picking that, clearly I was expecting more!), and green capsicums


I keep expecting the tomatoes to finish, but they just keep on coming! Surely they must be nearly done now.

I am a little sad about the Summer crops coming to an end, but I'm also excited to grow Autumn and Winter crops that I've never grown before. I'm looking forward to watching my cabbages, purple cauliflower and romanesco broccoli grow!

Head over to Daphne's Dandelions to see more harvests.

Thanks for reading,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment