Wednesday 27 November 2013

My first kefir


I strained my first batch this morning! I'm not sure if I should have waited longer as it was quite runny, but I thought that while I'm getting used to it, it would be better for it to be milder rather than stronger. The best way I can describe the taste is that it's a bit like sour yoghurt, but it really is unique. I had a couple of mouthfuls of it on its own, then decided to be a wuss and mix the rest with yoghurt. I don't think it will take me too long to get used to the taste - I'll just gradually switch the ratios of kefir and yoghurt until I can hopefully have it on its own (or mixed with fruit etc.).

Kefir grains in milk on right, and strained kefir on left


It tasted great mixed with this yoghurt!


I'm really looking forward to seeing if this helps my stomach problems - I have Leaky Gut Syndrome and probiotics are meant to be good for it. I don't have any major issues, but I often just feel a bit unwell so I hope this will help.

Jess 

No comments:

Post a Comment