Monday 19 May 2014

Harvest Monday


We have had an unseasonably warm May here in Melbourne, and the garden is loving it! I found two more ripe tomatoes - SURELY these must be the very last. The capsicums are turning red which I'm thrilled about. I have plenty more that I will eat green, but it's even nicer when they ripen and sweeten up! It feels strange to be harvesting broccoli at the same time as tomatoes and capsicums, but that's what I'm doing. I'm also harvesting rocket, ruby streaks mustard, various types of lettuce, tokyo bekana, Thai chillies, silverbeet, red russian kale, various herbs and the odd carrot! I'm still getting an egg most days and my lovely girls seem happy and healthy.





 Hope you have had an enjoyable and fruitful week in your garden. You can see what other people are harvesting at Daphne's Dandelions

Jess

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you have broccoli already!!! When did you plant it? I'm so jealous, I reckon my broccoli will be about a month away.
    Otherwise the harvest is almost identical. My tomatoes finished ages ago, but I've likewise got capsicums and chillies, carrots, kale and silverbeet. It's nice to know someone else sharing the same kind of harvest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bek, I actually can't remember when I planted it sorry! I really must keep track of these things. I do remember thinking I was planting it early though, and just wanted to see what happened. To be honest though, because it's still warm the broccoli has started to go to seed more quickly, so even though I am picking heads now they did not have the chance to get very big. I guess there are pros and cons to either way!

      Delete
  2. Your harvests look wonderful. Especially the broccoli. I keep looking at my little broccoli plants and tell them to GROW. And they are but so slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely peppers and broccoli! Our spring/summer is just starting off so long wait till anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am envious of those capsicums, it's been ages since I enjoyed any fresh ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to be harvesting peppers right now. Enjoy the warm spell and all the harvests it brings.

    ReplyDelete