Monday 9 December 2013

Harvest Monday (on Tuesday again)



This week I harvested a large leek, a few carrots, potatoes, lettuce, mint and Vietnamese mint. 


I'm hoping that soon I will be able to show you...


 tomatoes...

 zucchini...

 and maybe even lemons! 

Also, look at how well my pumpkins I planted where my compost bin used to be are going! They are at least three times the size of those on the other side of the garden which are just planted in the soil that was already here (I haven't added much compost that section of the garden yet). I'm hoping these will be one of the few things that can survive the wrath of my chooks, so I took off their covers today. Not so sure how well the self-seeded tomatoes growing here will fair against the chickens, however!

Head over to Daphne's Dandelions to check out other (much more impressive) harvests from around the world.

Thanks for reading,

Jess :) 




2 comments:

  1. Nice Harvest. Where are you if it is already Tuesday where you are? It's still Monday here..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm in Australia. Glad my post was at least on the right day for someone!

    ReplyDelete